The benefits of living an anti-inflammatory life can’t be measured on a scale. In the world of Shape Reclaimed, the anti-inflammatory program that we often put our patients through, there is talk of “non-scale victories” or NSVs. These are whole health and often whole LIFE benefits that patients reap. Just this morning, I decided to put my Coaching hat on and take a poll on the Official Shape Facebook support group and asked for patients across the country to share in one sentence his/her most significant NSV that has impacted his/her life in a BIG way. Here’s a list of responses:
- No more joint pain.
- No more insulin injections.
- No more Nexium for acid reflux.
- Normal blood work, including platelets.
- No more blood pressure medication.
- Single digit clothes sizes.
- My husband wants to pick me up.
- I can cross my legs comfortably.
- I can walk down the center aisle in an airplane.
- No more fibromyalgia.
- A beautiful healthy baby.
- No more swelling in hands and feet.
- More confidence and higher self-esteem.
- Normal menstrual cycles.
- No more plantar fasciitis.
And the list goes on. While we all like when the numbers go down on a scale, it is good to be reminded that it’s not just about the numbers, it’s about good changes that affect a patients whole life.